Sketching at Inverbervie bay

/
0 Comments

Sketching at Inverbervie bay



This place lovely place to be; perfect for walking, picnics, and, naturally, sketching. There were also a number of people fishing in the sea. Much as I enjoy fresh fish, however, fishing has never appealed to me. There's no way I'd have the patience for it. Even more so if I was hungry at the time! 

For the painting I did here, I chose a general view of the bay from a conveniently placed number of large rocks which made for a reasonably comfy seat and table for my paints and water pot. I used a few wee pebbles from the beach to prop up my watercolour box and I was all set. 



The thing that was most troublesome while painting was, as is pretty standard in Scotland, moving clouds changing the light every so often. This is always annoying but I've become quite used to it by now. I usually go with the most flattering light and try to work from memory when the light is obscured by the pesky clouds! 

Here are some pics showing various progress stages of my painting.







In the final moments of painting it got a bit chilly but once I'd finished the sun came out again so I went for a stroll along the pebble-y beach to warm up. It's so calming walking along a beach, looking out to sea and seeing the vast stretch of water all around.



I liked this fishing boat planter. Great way to re-use an old boat. 

For more of my art follow me on social media: 
To see my abstract acrylic landscapes follow me @HCRart on Instagram  
For some art articles and WIP videos, check out my Facebook page
and for a mixture of work, follow my Twitter account @HCRart  



You may also like

Powered by Blogger.